Today I’d like to announce Homebrew 2.7.0. The most significant changes since 2.6.0 are API deprecations.
Changes and deprecations since 2.6.0:
prefixDSL for bottles is deprecated. It was not actually used by the code.
disable!in formulae with missing or non-ISO 8601 dates is deprecated.
:tuntapare all deprecated in formulae and casks.
- Additional API deprecations, disables and removals.
- GitHub basic authentication support is removed.
brew updaterefuses to update shallow homebrew-core/cask clones (on request from GitHub).
HOMEBREW_CLEANUP_PERIODIC_FULL_DAYSenvironment variable allows customisation of how often a full
brew cleanupis run.
- Installing formulae missing bottles from the homebrew-core or linuxbrew-core requires specifying
brew livechecknow supports casks.
- Discourse and IRC are now deprecated as official communication methods in favour of GitHub Discussions. It will be made read-only on January 1st 2021.
- Homebrew accepts donations through GitHub Sponsors and still accepts donations through Patreon. If you can afford it, please consider donating. If you’d rather not use GitHub Sponsors or Patreon (our preferred donation methods), check out the other ways to donate in our README.
Thanks to all our hard-working maintainers, contributors, sponsors and supporters for getting us this far. Enjoy using Homebrew!